In simple terms, is a network, a set of computers and other (communication) devices connected, facilitating communication and sharing of resources. The networks are classified according to various criteria, including but not limited to the connection methods, scale, network architecture and network topology. Some of the most popular types of networks, Personal Area Network (PAN) is, Local Area Network (LAN), Home Area Network (HAN), campus network, a network of offices (NAO), Wide Area Network (WAN), Global Reach Network (GAN), Private Enterprise Network (EPN), virtual private network (VPN), Internet and overlay network. If you are a network manager, you must take to correct the network problems at one time or another. Here are some simple tips that will help in this task;
• Mark Morose, senior director of technical services and security officer at Maimonides Medical Center in New York a formal inventory of the concepts of computers / desktops and servers to identify the cause of the problem. Software is two of the simplest and most popular to help this task NetInventory Bindview and Tally Systems TS Census.
• Network diagrams software helps to identify lines of communication (critical) between network devices. Experts recommend the use of Microsoft Visio 2003 for chalking the physical configuration of a network.
• The voting system is a software device that periodically checks network devices (such as servers, laptops, printers, etc.) for connectivity. It reduces delays in the identification or reporting the problem, it is easier for staff to correct it.
• Application protocols provide a story describing the process error, if a process is stopped and why. Newspapers in combination with a network device, they can help identify errors Manager Network.
• As already mentioned, network unit reports for laptops, printers, routers and switches, can cause the time to diagnose a problem to be reduced. When configuring the network, it is a good idea to beat the system in a way that the entire server logs to make it easier for agencies set sent to identify problems.
• Using various software such as Microsoft Excel to order establish trends in the system and the application is recorded to aid network managers to detect cyclical problems, if any.
• A remote control tool is an ideal solution for businesses with offices and then distributed networks across a wide geographic area, since it allows the remote control to control issues, patches and reconfigure remote devices and workstations work. This reduces time to solve problems and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of equipment and personnel. Some of the most popular remote control are recommended by experts, Symantec pcAnywhere, Funk Software Proxy, VNC (Virtual Network Computing) and CROSSTEC NetOp Remote Control.
• Software and protocol analyzer based on the equipment is your best defense against the complex problems, since these issues will be difficult to identify without the information packet level. Experts recommend using the software and protocol analyzers based on the material, Suite Finisar Xgig Analyzer, Ethereal Protocol Analyzer and Fluke OptiView Protocol Expert.